by Cellulite Institute editorial staff
The two faces of ultrasonic cavitation for cellulite.
Thanks to the use of ultrasound, this innovative treatment makes it possible to deal with cellulite.
Why 2 faces?
- Aesthetic ultrasonic cavitation: uses ultrasound only on the part to be treated
- Medical ultrasonic cavitation: uses ultrasound and lipolytic medications locally
Aesthetic cavitation is used to treat accumulated fat and cellulite with ultrasound, without the use of surgery.
For medical cavitation you should contact an expert and qualified doctor for ensuring success of the treatment.
Ultrasonic cavitation applied to aesthetics is recent, but how does it work?
The sound wave is directed towards the adipose tissue; bubbles are formed inside the fat cells, which thus disintegrate.
Ultrasonic cavitation uses ultrasound waves, which are emitted by a device on excess adipose tissue.
For achieving the desired results, high-tech, latest-generation devices that have been specially designed should be used, and should be used by expert professionals.
Ultrasonic cavitation: Aesthetic cavitation and cellulite
Aesthetic cavitation uses low-frequency ultrasound waves. The device that emits ultrasound waves is applied on the areas to be treated, whether of localised adiposity, cellulite or both, and:
- is minimally invasive
- presents few risks
- is painless
Thanks to the emission of ultrasound waves, fat cells are destroyed and then completely eliminated from the body naturally through the lymphatic system and other normal processes that enable their elimination. Aesthetic cavitation does not pose any particular risks.
Ultrasonic cavitation: which areas can be treated?
The areas that can be treated with aesthetic cavitation are generally those that are affected by blemishes such as cellulite or accumulations of fat like:
This technique does not require healing or recovery time after treatment.
Ultrasonic cavitation: What are the contraindications of aesthetic cavitation
The most common contraindications are:
- High cholesterol levels
- Liver disorders
- Kidney problems
- Blood clotting problems
- Heart disease
- Hearing problems
It should therefore be the doctor that establishes suitability for treatment.
Ultrasonic cavitation: What are the side effects
The most common possible side effects include:
- Burns caused by the heat that is developed
- Damage to internal organs because ultrasound waves are not selective in their action and reach several centimetres in depth
Ultrasonic cavitation: when the medical method is used
Before treatment it is important that the instrument be calibrated differently from person to person. What should be calibrated?
- Frequency of the ultrasound waves based on the area and layer of fat to be eliminated
- Power of penetration of the ultrasound waves
As with every treatment, you must have realistic expectations and be aware of what to expect.
Ultrasonic cavitation: during treatment
- Fat elimination. Treatment should be personalised:
o in calibration of the appliance
o in times of application
o in the amount of adipose tissue to be removed
Once the adipose cells have been dissolved through the use of locally injected lipolytic medications, the fat is eliminated with very thin special cannulas and without the aid of automatic suction (only in some cases are mechanical suction devices still used).
- Duration: Each treatment session lasts about 30-40 minutes
Ultrasonic cavitation: after treatment
After treatment you should fully comply with your doctor’s instructions.
- drink plenty of water After treatment you should rehydrate by drinking plenty of water.
- You will need to wear a compression sheath; in this post-treatment stage it is vital to stimulate good functioning of the lymphatic circulation for correct and complete elimination of fat.
- Painless, if the intervention is performed well.
Ultrasonic cavitation: side effects
The treatment may cause some side effects.
Side effects (which are temporary consequences that disappear in a short time) may include:
- Redness of the skin
- Damage to internal organs if the equipment is not of good quality
Ultrasonic cavitation: results
There should be:
- Visible volume reduction
- Improved quality of treated tissue
- Greater oxygenation of the area
Tips for maintaining achieved results:
For best maintaining treatment results, simply follow the doctor’s instructions, eat properly and follow a healthy lifestyle.
- A healthy and proper diet
- Proper hydration
- Regular physical activity
These are all essential for maintaining the achieved results.
Correcting any bad eating habits, doing physical activity and improving the quality of your life in general helps maintain results and makes them last longer.
Medical cavitation: is it for everyone?
If performed by doctors using latest-generation equipment, medical cavitation is indicated for adults in good health and with localised adiposity.